commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <>
Subject Re: [all] creating releases
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:35:08 GMT
On 4/23/08, Matt Benson <> wrote:
> What is the status of the instructions at
> ?  I
>  tried:
>  mvn -Prc release:prepare
>  This seemed to work okay, made the tag, etc.
>  mvn -Prc release:perform
>  This seemed to go okay, until it uploaded the site to
>  live and I had to restore the site manually.  It did
>  create my artifacts, but I was under the impression
>  that -Prc would have kept it from doing any real harm.
>   Are the instructions lacking, is the process somewhat
>  crippled in some way, or am I just too clueless about
>  mvn for this?

I changed that page based on my understanding that it was currently a
discussion page (based on what I read at the top -- where it also
points out its just a draft etc.). The stuff I added needs to be
followed up with COMMONSSITE-26 and 27, its a TODO for me (or anyone
else who gets there first). Then real docs need to be created for the
Commons site, preferably.

-Prc release:perform needs to be convinced not to deploy site (as I
mentioned in my decoupling comment on that wiki page), I can do that
too when I get to it.

As of this moment, the better procedure might be the one towards the
bottom of that page.

The release:prepare step did take the license out of the POM. There is
some way to dance around that (documented on top of that page).

>  I'll take up the signing issues on the
>  "[all] releases" thread.
>  -Matt

To unsubscribe, e-mail: