commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject j2me commons?
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:00:53 GMT
Hi All

I've been chatting to a few people at ApacheCon about a j2me commons, and
they suggested I bring the idea to the dev list.

My idea was to have a commons library that implemented all the common
things you want to do for j2me, which have annoyingly been missed out of
the j2me spec, or are quite hard to do.

Currently, I have a few functions that I've written for a project, which
I'm happy to apache license. What I also have is tests for them, and some
ant magic which allows you to build them on j2se, and also to unit test
them on j2se, against a j2me class library (assuming you have the sun wtk
installed somewhere)

Do people think this is worth putting in as a new sandbox component? I'm
happy to oversee the new component, if people are happy for me to put it
in (+grant myself appropriate svn karma to do so)

Nick