commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <>
Subject RE: use of apache common VFS
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 08:49:35 GMT
hns wrote:
> hi
> i am newbie of apache common vfs

apparently not only of vfs ;-)

> i have developed one web application which works currently on lan
> in my apps one module i have do such that
> using html tag input type=file, i have input a path value of the file
> resides on client computer at the bean side i have wrote fuction
> flieheader and call through jsp

> but it gives error in server logs
> exception ,beacuse
> server try to find particular file in
> its local drive while its on clients local drive
> now how can i achieve solution of this problem using vfs

You cannot. It is not possible to access what is not present. To access a file on the server
that is provided by the user, it must be uploaded. This can be done with the browser and follows
the description of an RFC. Have a look at commons-fileupload to solve your problem:

- Jörg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message