commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Genetic Algorithms
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:50:52 GMT
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 3:41 PM, Ramiro Pereira de Magalhaes
<rpm_mailbox@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> As my CS graduation I wrote a GA framework to help me solve the problem I
> was proposing. It is implemented, may need some improvements with a less
> naive and optimized code, but it works fine. I wrote less interfaces but I
> really liked Brent's initial interface set and seems to me the idea will
> work fine as well. I'd like to make some contributions and help you somehow.

You are certainly most welcome to contribute.  I also like Brett's
interfaces and would like to see if we can add some implementation and
test code to build out a small framwork along the lines that we have
been discussing on this thread.

The best way to get started is to post any questions / comments that
you have here and attach code contributions (including test cases) to
JIRA tickets.  Please do not hesitate to ask if you need help getting
started with subversion, Maven, etc.  There are some instructions
here:
http://commons.apache.org/math/developers.html.  Thanks in advance!

Phil