commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject [collections] 4.0 plan and [functor]
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 21:18:10 GMT
We've talked about releasing a Collections 4.0 with
deprecations removed.
  With all the recent interest in [functor], it seems
like it might be time to deprecate functor-related
code from [collections] in 3.3 (or 3.4, but more
notice is better than less) for removal in 4.0 with
[functor] being the suggested replacement.  I was
thinking Collections might need to keep the basic
interfaces and some sort of compatibility code, but as
long as we ensure [functor] contains usable
alternatives for everything [collections] has I don't
see a problem.  This would be a pretty drastic move,
though... who has objections?  ;)

-Matt