commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject [LANG-416] [Method|Constructor]Utils in [lang]
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:10:39 GMT
In the JIRA issue I noted I'd bring this back to the
mailing list before merging this stuff into the trunk.
 A convenient link for background:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-416

To summarize my opinions, I (obviously) think this
stuff fits in [lang], really without regard to the
future of [beanutils]--I can't be convinced that any
project needs to depend on the whole of [beanutils]
for some relatively low-level convenience methods over
the reflection APIs.  Regarding [reflect], there
doesn't seem to be enough content to warrant an entire
component, which would explain why development stalled
in the sandbox.  I'd like to add MethodUtils and
ConstructorUtils to oac.lang.reflect, and also to
import FieldUtils from [reflect] for the sake of
completeness.

Who's gonna stop me? ):D

-Matt