commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject [jexl] pom comments
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:04:51 GMT
1) The inception year shows 2001 - this looks correct to me, from the
svn history - but it doesn't agree with the NOTICE file which says
1999. Since the copyright year was only recently added to the NOTICE
file when the source file headers policy changed, I'd expect the pom
is correct and change the NOTICE file.

2) Commons Logging version should probably be upgraded to 1.1.1 -
since the 1.1 Logging pom didn't specify a number of its dependencies
as optional (e.g. avalon-framework) causing downstream dependencies to
have to manually exclude them.

3) maven-changes-plugin now has a version 2.0 release. By default it
produces both the changes and jira report. Personally I don't think
the defauly jira-report is that useful and either it should be
configured to just run the changes report or since 2.0 the jira-report
can be configured to be more useful (the columns shown, sort order and
selection critieria) - commons io's pom has an example of this:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/io/trunk/pom.xml

Niall