commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Looking at commons-parent-9.pom
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 10:57:26 GMT
On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Siegfried Goeschl
<siegfried.goeschl@it20one.at> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
>  I'm currently looking at moving Fulcrum to M2 and would like to use the
> grunge work you did on commons-parent - looking at it I have a few
> questions/improvements ...
>
>  1) Legal Stuff
>  =========================================================================
>  the ASL is missing in the parent pom

Yes it got stripped out by the release plugin when I did the version 9
release, its been put back in in trunk

>  2) Improvement of IDE project generation
>  =========================================================================
>
>  in my pom I configure IDEA and Eclipse to download the sources when
> creating the project files - this makes stepping through used libraries much
> easier
>
>      <plugin>
>        <!-- generate the IntelliJ project files -->
>        <artifactId>maven-idea-plugin</artifactId>
>        <configuration>
>          <downloadSources>true</downloadSources>
>        </configuration>
>      </plugin>         <plugin>
>        <!-- generate the Eclipse project files -->
>        <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>        <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
>        <configuration>
>          <downloadSources>true</downloadSources>
>          <downloadJavadocs>false</downloadJavadocs>
>        </configuration>
>      </plugin>
>

>  3) Creating sources jar
>  =========================================================================
>
>  in my projects I always create the sources jar not only for release
> candidates and releases - this allows to quickly make a SNAPSHOT install in
> your local repo including the sources - having said that you can always do a
> manual invocation but it would reduce the complexity of the parent pom

You can use the "rc" profile to do this - just

  mvn -Prc install

>  4) Reporting
>  =========================================================================
>
>  I have a few standard reporting plugins which could be an useful addition -
> maven-changes-plugin, maven-pmd-plugin, taglist-maven-plugin (codehaus)

For the changes plugin, doesn't this require individual component
configuration? If so, then not sure it would do any good configuring
in the parent.

>  5) commons-build-plugin
>
>  What is it exactly doing?

Just generating custom download and issue tracking pages for commons - see

http://commons.apache.org/commons-build-plugin/

Niall