commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [functor] Revisited?
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 15:21:47 GMT
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 4:13 PM, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Niall Pemberton
>
> <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  I didn't think we needed a vote to add a new sandbox component - at
>  >  least not for existing commons committers. I would just go ahead and
>  >  do it - which is what I did for the commons-build-plugin
>  >

>  Ok, I've copied it.  I think I'll start by m2-izing it.  Any
>  objections?  Should I start a branch or do you think we should just
>  work in the trunk?

I would just work on the trunk - you could create a tag or branch for
whats there currently - but since its been abandonned I don't think
its really necessary.

>  Maybe start a new release version (2.0-SNAPSHOT)
>  since it'll be JDK5?  Or, since it was never released, should we just
>  stick with 1.0-SNAPSHOT?

I'd stick with 1.0-SNAPSHOT, otherwise I think people would wonder
where the previous versions were. At this stage it doesn't matter
though - that sort of thing can be decided if/when we vote to promote
it out of the sandbox to proper.

Niall