commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [all][nabla] proposition for a new project in sandbox
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:31:09 GMT

Le 14 avr. 08 à 12:52, James Carman a écrit :
>>  Also, the name "nabla" would suggest that the component is designed
>>  for calculating derivatives of vector functions.
>
> The name "nabla" is also very close to "nambla" and I doubt the ASF
> wants to be associated with that organization.

Nabla is also valid in several western languages as being the symbol
used for gradients and connections, a fundamental of any differential
geometry course.

I agree the association with the organization you mean is no good
idea but commons-derive would be probably a trademark of someone else
(much closer to the domain).

paul