commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r647641 - in /commons/proper/configuration/branches/configuration2_experimental: ./ src/main/java/org/apache/commons/configuration2/ src/test/java/org/apache/commons/configuration2/ xdocs/
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 06:49:45 GMT
Oliver Heger a écrit :

> - I wonder whether it is possible to implement the JNDINodeHandler so
> that it directly operates on Context objects. The main reason why I
> introduced NodeHandlers was that it would no longer be necessary to
> implement specific node classes. This would also be more efficient in
> terms of memory usage because there is no need to duplicate the node
> structure.

It may be possible with the Context/Binding objects, but I don't know
how to track the depth of the node. I'll give it a try.

> - A minor nit: I would prefer if the node handler returned empty lists
> instead of null (e.g. for attributes). This simplifies the code in
> AbstractHierarchicalConfiguration. If the node handler returns
> Collections.emptyList(), there should not be any performance issues.

Ok, but shouldn't this call be skipped if hasAttributes() returns false ?

> - What exactly is the license of the spice JNDI kit? In any case, we
> will have to add something to NOTICE.txt if we use it.

It's an ASL 1.1 like license :

http://cvs.spice.codehaus.org/browse/spice/spice/LICENSE.txt?r=1.5

I'll update the NOTICE.txt file.

Emmanuel Bourg