commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] New hierarchical configurations
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:56:02 GMT
Emmanuel Bourg schrieb:

> Oliver Heger a écrit :
>
>> The main reason for the restructuring of the packages was to increase
>> modularity, which is especially important in environments like OSGi
>> where you have fine control over the packages to import. An "all
>> configurations in the main package" approach won't help here.
>
> By "increasing modularity" you mean producing several jars, one for each
> implementation ?
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

No, at least not at the first step. I simply would like to add more
structure to our bunch of classes: lose coupling, cohesion etc.

At the moment the library is a whole "blob". Our sub packages do not
improve situation because there are cyclic dependencies everywhere. IMO
design can be improved here.

Oliver