commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [configuration] New hierarchical configurations
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:41:52 GMT
Oliver Heger a écrit :

>> XMLConfiguration and XMLPropertiesConfiguration remain in the main
>> package.
> Why?

The purpose of the package is to group only the SAX readers as they form
a hierarchy providing a specific feature, just like the BeanUtils bridge
in the beanutils package. I don't know if these classes are frequently
used, actually I don't know the use cases for these readers. As a non
core feature I don't think they deserve to remain in the main package.

I don't think moving the XMLConfiguration and XMLPropertiesConfiguration
classes in an xml package is necessary, I don't have any problem with
them staying in the main package. Also, that would not make sense to
move them but not XMLPropertyListConfiguration in the plist package, and
having XMLPropertyListConfiguration outside the plist package seems
absurds too.

Emmanuel Bourg