commons-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [collections] 3.3 issues
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 12:17:31 GMT
Just curious, what's the current state? In Apache Sling we would need an
OSGi enabled release in two weeks :) Now, don't get me wrong, I don't
want to push or force you to do a release (especially as I'm not able to
help with the open issues). I would just like to know, if it might be
possible that we have the release by then? If not, it's no problem, and
we'll create an interims wrapper bundle and switch to the release as
soon as it is available.

Carsten

Henri Yandell wrote:
> Here's a peek at some of the interesting issues in the 3.3 TODO list
> that need discussion:
>
> * COLLECTIONS-238 - Allowing ExtendedProperties to have empty values.
> ie) "foo="  would result in a key of foo existing.
>
> Is anyone concerned about backwards compatibility with that? I'm happy
> with it - it seems to me that it is how that should have worked, and
> people shouldn't be commenting out by removing the value rather than
> putting a comment in front.
>
> * Serializable - COLLECTIONS-240, COLLECTIONS-285, COLLECTIONS-221,
> COLLECTIONS-267, COLLECTIONS-266. Basically we need some Serializable
> test love.
>
> * COLLECTIONS-265 is ready for committing. So any nay-sayers, speak
> now or reopen later.
>
> * Specifically for James Carman - how does Dave's patch to your
> COLLECTIONS-194 look?
>

> Hen

Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org