commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [configuration] JSON format
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 09:28:37 GMT
This is an interesting idea and could be a way to provide quickly an
initial implementation of the JSON format. However the scripting API is
only available in Java 6, and Commons Configuration 2.0 targets Java 5
(Commons Configuration 1.x is stuck with the Java 1.3 compatibility). In
the end we'll have to write our own parser to support a wide range of
systems (Mac OS X doesn't have a final release of Java 6 yet).

Instead of the standard scripting API we may use the Rhino API directly,
but this is a heavy dependency (700k) for such a simple format.

Emmanuel Bourg