commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [configuration] New hierarchical configurations
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2008 21:26:19 GMT
Oliver Heger a écrit :
> Sub packages would group classes with similar functionality. The plist
> and web packages are good examples for that, but I am not sure how to
> handle specific implementations consisting of only one or two classes
> (e.g. INIConfiguration). Putting them in their own package probably does
> not make too much sense.

I prefer to keep the implementations in the main package, unless they
involve a lot of specific classes like the plist and web configurations.

An advantage of keeping the classes in the same package is to share
internal code with package private classes. For example JavaCC generates
several classes that don't have to be exposed to the user and can be
made package private. Theses classes could be reused for another
parsers. If we implement JSON/YAML/OGDL configuration using JavaCC that
may be nice to share these classes, but splitting the implementations in
different packages will prevent it.

Emmanuel Bourg