commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] New hierarchical configurations
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2008 15:34:17 GMT
Emmanuel Bourg schrieb:
> +1 for removing the old configurations, otherwise that would be
> confusing for the users.
>
> Regarding the package structure do you have other plans besides the
> 'flat' package ?

I would like to keep main package pretty small, so that it only contains
the basic interfaces and abstract base classes.

Sub packages would group classes with similar functionality. The plist
and web packages are good examples for that, but I am not sure how to
handle specific implementations consisting of only one or two classes
(e.g. INIConfiguration). Putting them in their own package probably does
not make too much sense.

Oliver