commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: GSoC application
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:03:40 GMT
Hi Hao,

I am one of the active committers for Commons Configuration. What you
write sounds very good, and I am pleased that you are interested in this
component.

I was not involved in the creation of the project proposal, so I don't
know the details. I think this was done by Emmanuel Bourg (I hope he
will join this thread to provide further advise).

In Jira, our bug tracking system [1], there are enhancement tickets for
the new configuration formats to implement [2-4]. These tickets also
link to pages with reference information.

I would suggest using classes in the
org.apache.commons.configuration.plist package as examples. They are
based on a grammar for reading specific formats. You will probably have
to do something similar.

If you have further questions or comments, don't hesitate to post them
to this list!

Regards
Oliver

[1] http://commons.apache.org/configuration/issue-tracking.html