commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [functor] Revisited?
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:06:55 GMT
On 01/04/2008, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 11:13 AM, James Carman
>  <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
>  > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Niall Pemberton
>  >
>  > <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > >  I didn't think we needed a vote to add a new sandbox component - at
>  >  >  least not for existing commons committers. I would just go ahead and
>  >  >  do it - which is what I did for the commons-build-plugin
>  >  >
>  >
>  >  Ok, I've copied it.  I think I'll start by m2-izing it.  Any
>  >  objections?  Should I start a branch or do you think we should just
>  >  work in the trunk?  Maybe start a new release version (2.0-SNAPSHOT)
>  >  since it'll be JDK5?  Or, since it was never released, should we just
>  >  stick with 1.0-SNAPSHOT?
>

> The m2 part is not that difficult, but I do have a question.  They
>  have some resources in there, but they live next to the *.java files.
>  I've changed the <build> section to reflect that.  Are we ok with
>  having non-java files in the src/main/java directory?  The default
>  location would of course be src/main/resources.  Does it matter?

I'd suggest leaving them with the Java files, assuming that they are
related to each other.
[JMeter has some beans with related property files; these are easy to
maintain because the files are all in the same directory. It would be
a bit of a pain otherwise.]

src/main/resources seems more suitable for common resources shared by
lots of files.

BTW, +1 to reviving the project.