commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JXPath 1.3 based on RC1
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:17:56 GMT

--- Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:

> Matt Benson a écrit :
>
> > I confess it doesn't really bother me, here nor on
> the
> > recently released [lang] 2.4 API docs... ;)  But
> maybe
> > the concept warrants further discussion for
> possible
> > inclusion in the parent POM.
>
> I confess I screamed when I saw the Lang 2.4 docs ;)
> Maybe the parent
> POM could link to the latest JDK javadoc, the
> projects would then add
> their respective dependencies.
>
> > It seems to me, though,
> > that as soon as you build Javadocs against some
> > location of the core API docs, they're moved
> anyway.
> > :P
>
> The Java 1.3 javadoc hasn't moved since 2000, it's
> still there:
>
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/

Well, apparently I'm going to try another RC anyway...
but the really cool thing about Commons is that the
various committers can kick in here and there across
components if they like, for example if one committer
was completely Maven-illiterate and another committer
wanted a tweak to the site build, wink, wink, nudge,
nudge...

-Matt