commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <>
Subject [Commons Wiki] Update of "CLI" by Andrew Kutz
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 12:11:32 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by Andrew Kutz:

  = News =
+ == Release 1.1 Ported to C# ==
+ Version 1.1 of the CLI library has been ported to C# and is available at
You can download the sources from the subversion repository with the following command:
+ {{{
+ svn co
+ }}}
+ The following changes were made to CLI while porting:
+ - Java's iterator is bi-directional while .NET's enumerator is simple, and uni-directional.
I created a class, BidirectionalEnumerator<T> to match the functionality present in
+ - Getters and setters have become property accessors. For example, instead of getWidth()
and setWidth(), there is now Width { get; set; }.
+ - Method names now begin with upper case.
+ - Class level variables are now prefixed with "m_".
+ - Interfaces now begin with upper case "I". Ex. CommandLineParser is now ICommandLineParser.
+ - I've used generics where possible instead of Objects. Ex. An ArrayList of Object types
intended to hold strings is now List<string>.
+ - I've used Dictionary<Tk,Tv> for a hash table.
+ - In Java, the method substring is defined as func(int begin, int end) where end is exclusive
and the length to splice is a result of end - begin. In .NET Substring is func(int begin,
int length) where length is inclusive. Instead of changing your math I instead created a static
class called JavaPorts and have created the method JavaPorts.Substring( string value, int
beginIndex, int endIndex ) that functions as Java's substring.
+ There has only been minimal bug testing performed on the port, as it was ported to serve
a particular need. Please [
submit bug reports] as you find them, or [ view a list
of outstanding issues].
  == Release 2.0 - Update ==
  We are currently working on the final touches of releasing the 2.0 release.  The tasks that
remain are to improve code coverage, review and complete javadoc, and complete user documentation.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message