commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: GSoC application
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:48:18 GMT

In message <412EF30C-B222-4ED2-A6D0-7E7669AB4DAF@apache.org>, Torsten Curdt wri
tes:
>On Apr 22, 2008, at 21:48, Daniel F. Savarese wrote:
>> Is there any particular reason why he can't work on the project
>> anyway?
>
>Of course not ...you are mote than welcome to contribute :)

I'm assuming you intended a generic you and not a specific you
(i.e., me).  I wasn't the one who made the proposal and am already
a committer, so only a generic you would make any sense (i.e.,
"anyone is welcome to contribute").

In case my attempt to be helpful has been misunderstood, I'll disambiguate.
As a fellow PMC member (and part of the role of the PMC is to build
community), I was highlighting that merely because GSoC isn't able
to provide funding for someone to work on some part of Commons doesn't
mean that person cannot still be encouraged to participate.  Consequently,
I am pointing out that the option of inviting Hao Zheng to contribute to
Commons Configuration anyway appears to have not been explored.  If I
believed it were appropriate for me to extend that invitation, I would have
done so instead of pointing out that it was an option that could be pursued.

daniel

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o
                    Igfip                      o    s a v a r e s e
The strategic alternative for online games(tm).o   software research
            http://www.igfip.com/              o http://www.savarese.com/