commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: GSoC application
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:48:47 GMT

In message <480DA013.7050903@apache.org>, Emmanuel Bourg writes:
>The results are out, unfortunately no student has been selected for the
>Commons Configuration project, the slots for GSoC projects went to other
>Apache project this year.
>
>I'd like to thank you for your application, it looked very promising and
>I think I would have liked mentoring it with you.
>
>Good luck for your studies.

Is there any particular reason why he can't work on the project anyway?
Or is it the fashion these days to work on open source projects only if
Google pays you to do so?  I hope that anyone whose GSoC project
did not make the cut can still work on the project anyway--contributing
patches, submitting code for review, etc. the way everyone else does--if
they have the motivation to do so.

daniel

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o
                    Igfip                      o    s a v a r e s e
The strategic alternative for online games(tm).o   software research
            http://www.igfip.com/              o http://www.savarese.com/