commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Commons Wiki] Update of "ME" by NickBurch
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 22:23:55 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by NickBurch:
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/ME

The comment on the change is:
More commons-me updates

- = Commons-ME =
-
  commons-me - Provides JaveME helpers, and implementations of JavaSE functionality that JavaME
lacks but programmers want

  == Getting It ==
@@ -9, +7 @@

  The commons-me project is in the commons Sanbox:
   [https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/me/trunk]

+ == Features Covered ==
+
  == Using It ==
+
+ Simply place the Jar in the lib directory of your JavaME project. When building your JavaME
Jars, the WTK / Antenna should unpack the commons-me Jar, pre-verify the classes, and include
it in the Jar of your application. As the Jar will have been built for Java 1.1, against the
JavaME classpath, it should work just the same as any code you yourself write.

  == Testing It ==

@@ -23, +25 @@

  See [https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/me/trunk/PROPOSAL.html]

+ == Porting other libraries to JavaME ==
+
+ Another part of the project is to take existing open source libraries under the ASL, and
tweak them to work on JavaME.
+
+  * [http://jakarta.apache.org/oro/ Jakarta ORO] Porting suggested, no work as yet
+