commons-dev mailing list archives

From luc.maison...@free.fr
Subject [math] starting work on 2.0
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 08:55:27 GMT
Hello,

I want to start working on release 2.0 for [math]. Many issues in Jira are
currently targeted to be fixed in version 2.0, mainly because API changes will
be introduced.

I don't think there will be an 1.3 release, but we have not discussed it before.

In order to avoid a mess in the subversion tree, and in case some critical bug
must be fixed and an 1.3 release published, I will start a 2.0 branch
initialized with the current state of the trunk. Work for potential 1.2.x or 1.3
releases could be done on the trunk. If you prefer to use only trunk or to use
trunk for 2.0 and a branch for 1.2.x or 1.3, we can change that later, thanks to
subversion.

The very first things I will do on the branch is remove the features we have
deprecated in 1.2 (some factories, dependency on discovery ...).

Then, I will start fixing some things that bother me right now.

Any comments ?

Luc