commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rama Nittala" <rnitt...@motive.com>
Subject DBCP: implementation for javax.sql.ConnectionPoolDataSource Interface
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:13:19 GMT
We are trying to configure Websphere 6.0 JDBC connection pool for
Aqualogic Database. Bea provides only a java.sql.Driver and doesn't
provide implementation for javax.sql.ConnectionPoolDataSource.

In order to configure a jdbc Datasource in Websphere the provider needs
to implement javax.sql.ConnectionPoolDataSource. Since Aqualogic doesn't
have one, we are looking at DBCP to solve our problem. However, I did
not see an implementation for ConnectionPoolDataSouce interface.

Can any one suggest us a solution or help us determine if DBCP is the
right solution for this problem?

Thanks,

Rama

Motive Communications