commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mohammad Nour El-Din" <mn...@apache.org>
Subject [Sandbox] Committer access request
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:53:12 GMT
Hi All...

  As per this thread -
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.commons.devel/102655 - I
contacted the development team of Apache Commons Validator -
http://commons.apache.org/validator/ - to discuss with them the
importance of implementing the Bean Validation JSR#303 -
http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=303 - into the Apache Commons
Validator as it is a very crucial feature which can be used on both
the front-end and back-end applications and in both JSE - Java
Standard Edition - and JEE - Java Enterprise Edition.

The plan is to re-write the Apache Commons Validator framework to
follow the standards proposed in JSR#303. For this task and as I
discussed with the Apache Commons Validator team, we agreed to make a
separate project under the name Validator2, and to put that project
under Apache Commons Sandbox repository, till we have a matured
implementation of JSR#303.

To be able to carry on this task I need a write access to the Apache
Commons Sandbox, to create whatever resources and code base.

I have another colleague working for MyFaces - Hazem Saleh - he has a
signed ICLA but doesn't have an Apache Committer account yet. And he
is interested in that project too. I will be responsible for applying
and reviewing his patches to the new source repo.

Currently I am an Apache committer in Apache OpenEJB project -
http://openejb.apache.org - and my Apache account id is below

  Apache account id : mnour
  Account evidence(s) : http://openejb.apache.org/team.html
                                  http://people.apache.org/~mnour