commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Distribution jars and debug compiler setting...
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:37:40 GMT
All,

We were discussing in another thread about the merits of the
dependencies report from m2 when I noticed our report that tells us if
the dependency was compiled with debug turned on or not (this should
be part of the default m2 report if it isn't already).  Anyway, I was
thinking that maybe our distributions should be compiled with debug
turned off by default and we should also have a version that has it
turned on for folks to download if they need it.  Either way, we
should probably offer two different versions.  I don't really care
what the default is.  We could use maven classifiers to distinguish
between the two.  Thoughts?

James