commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <GGreg...@seagullsoftware.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Distribution jars and debug compiler setting...
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:43:36 GMT
I like debug on.

When a customer has an issue that needed debugging level information it is tricky enough that
we have to guide them on how to turn on debugging and other particulars for our software and
then try again. Now, I'd have to either change our build to include debug jars instead of
plain jars, bleh. And I would hope that the debug jars not be called *-debug, because I'd
want to rename those to the normal name. And what about manifests? A commons component that
depends on other commons jar would need to depend on the right debug or non-debug versions.
More room for errors, more headaches.

What the argument for debug off? Saving disc space?

Thank you,
Gary