commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject [all] Cleaning up public maven repositories
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 19:42:11 GMT
When performing the recent [math] release, I noticed that we have
quite a few unreleased snapshots in the public maven repositories.
[math], for example, has a couple of dated snapshots from 2004.

I think that since these artifacts do not correspond to voted
releases, we need to remove them from at least the apache
repositories.  Are there any objections to my

1) systematically removing snapshots / unreleased components from the
apache "rsync" repositorires?
2) requesting removal from maven central repo1?
3) requesting removal from ibiblio (don't know if this is possible)

I know 2) and 3) will likely break some builds, which I guess is why
this has not been addressed up to now, but I think at least 1) is
necessary.

Phil