commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Julius Davies" <juliusdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [sandbox] Component ideas
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 06:07:22 GMT
Henri,

Is your timing just a coincidence?

http://lists.juliusdavies.ca/pipermail/not-yet-commons-ssl-juliusdavies.ca/2008-March/000102.html

I was just going to sit down and finally rewrite my old incubator wiki
page....  (http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/CommonsSSLProposal), but
maybe I should band onto this instead?  I'm having such a hard time
building community for this library.  The users are nice, and the bug
reports (90% from SoapUI users!!!) are nice.  But so far in 1 year
I've only had two small patches sent in.

yours,

Julius

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 12:05 AM, Jörg Schaible
>  <Joerg.Schaible@elsag-solutions.com> wrote:
>  > Henri Yandell wrote:
>  >
>  >  [snip]
>  >
>  >
>  >  >  Via the incubator, yes?
>  >  >
>  >  > I'm the only committer on all three, so as I understand it I could
>  >  > just commit straight into the Sandbox, however that would be a bit
>  >  > weird as these are released projects and it would be odd to then sit
>  >  > in the Sandbox. Alternatively, making each one a separate project in
>  >  > the Incubator and building up a community for what is a Commons
>  >  > component sized library will be an uphill task.
>  >  >
>  >  > It's almost like we need a project in Incubator to bring components in
>  >  > [for example; not-yet-commons ssl if the author is still interested].
>  >  > We would bring them in there and when we felt it was good we would
>  >  > move them over to Commons. We'd be the accepting community, so there
>  >  > wouldn't be a need to drum up a big community.
>  >
>  >  +1
>  >
>  >  This sounds really like a good idea. Some kind of Continuous Commons Incubator
;-)

>  Suggested to general@incubator :)
>
>  http://markmail.org/message/45ccujwi6r7fgbbh
>
>  Hen