commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] 2.4 release?
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:21:03 GMT
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
> All the issues for 2.4 are done; seems like it's release time?
>
>  Sounds like that means doing:
>
>  * Edit pom.xml and project.xml to be 2.4

...and also build.xml

I've copied the releases notes into upgradeto2_4.xml - would be good
to update the index page to reflect the 2.4 release.
Could be done after since were not bundling the site in the distro,
but nice to have it in the tagged copy.

Also theres the new download_lang.xml page which would be good to do:
    - remove the <commons.binary.suffix> property (will default to m2
"-bin" suffix)
    - update <commons.release.version> property to 2.4
    - run "mvn commons:download-page" to re-generate download_lang.xml
    - commit the changes to download_lang.xml

>  * Tag as rc1

Check out the rc1 tagged copy.

>  * Switch to JDK 1.4
>  * Run mvn -Prc clean package

...on the rc1 tagged copy

If you run "install" rather than package it will sign and create
checksums as well - although the checksums are not in target - only in
copy installed in you local repo. Also need to have gpg configured for
it to sign the artifacts.

Niall