commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject [all] Showing the Java Version on component sites
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:37:52 GMT
I just re-published all the component sites and notice that (by
mistake) it had used a patched copy of the
maven-project-info-reports-plugin that I have in my local repo
(sorry!). Anyway I submitted a patch to maven to include the Java
version on the dependencies page. The feedback I got was they prefer
it on the project summary page - so I submitted a patch for that as
well.

Logging is an example of using different source/target versions:
   http://commons.apache.org/logging/dependencies.html
   http://commons.apache.org/logging/project-summary.html

BeanUtils is an example of the same source/target versions:
   http://commons.apache.org/beanutils/dependencies.html
   http://commons.apache.org/beanutils/project-summary.html

My preference is to have it on the dependencies page, because I think
people are more likely to look there - but perhaps both places would
be good. I haven't had any feedback since I submitted the second
pacth, so If you think its a good idea for commons then it would be
good to vote for that JIRA bug:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPIR-80

Niall