commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderax...@gmail.com>
Subject Commons net - any ftp servers supporting COMPRESSED_TRANSFER_MODE?
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:45:42 GMT
The commons net package supports setting the file type to
COMPRESSED_TRANSFER_MODE which results in a "TYPE C" being sent to the
server.

I looked around but have been unable to locate any links to a server
which actually supports this.  Apparently "TYPE Z" is used in some
products to have the datastream gzipped on the fly (which incidentially
Commons Net does not know about), and people very frequently suggest
"type c:\something" which shows up in my google search shadowing what I
really want to know :)

Is there ANY ftp server out there which supports this feature?

--
  Thorbjørn