commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [all] GSoC
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:15:19 GMT
Hi!
> Any idea for GSoC [1]? I think it would be worth participating
VFS or IO: File Alteration Monitor with native support (I can sponsor
some basic code-base for linux). If it is located in IO or in another
package it should be possible to plugin VFS. Means, should not deal with
plain java.io.File only as JCIFS (Samba) might support somehting like
this for network shares too.

VFS: Native File-System implementation for linux/windows/mac for
performance reasons. The Eclipse guys did something in this area to
avoid successive stat calls etc. Should make things a little bit faster.
Though, that one would not be on my top list.

Ciao,
Mario