commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <>
Subject Re: [configuration] Type conversion
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 15:20:05 GMT
Emmanuel Bourg schrieb:
> Oliver Heger a écrit :
>> This looks pretty good to me. Just a question about the convert()
>> methods: What is the meaning of the params var arg parameter and where
>> do the actual values come from?
> That's the same vararg used currently by, it's
> used to specify a date format when converting a value into a Date or a
> Calendar.
> Emmanuel Bourg
Do we need to specify a date format?

Because a configuration file is not intended to be viewed or edited by
an end user we could define our own format (e.g. the format used by the
java.sql date types) and always use it for date <-> string conversions.

This would simplify the API and its use.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message