commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [CLI] Release CLI2 ?
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2008 10:57:18 GMT
On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 9:11 PM, Tobias Bocanegra <tripod@apache.org> wrote:
> >  > hi all,
>  >  >  i'm working on a project that is using CLI2 for an interactive console
>  >  >  application. To my understanding, CLI2 is not released nor is a
>  >  >  snapshot available in the m2 repository. so i'm wondering what is
>  >  >  missing for a CLI2 release? What does the community think of a CLI2
>  >  >  release? is it used by many projects at all?
>  >
>  >  We need to get the damn thing out. :)
>  >
>  >
>  >  >  i would volunteer to work on the issues that prevent a release.
>  >
>  >  In no particular order:
>  >
>  >  * Solve, or recommend moving to 2.1, all the 2.0 issues in JIRA.
>  >  * Make sure M2 is happily building the site, distribution etc.
>  i just ran "mvn install" and "mvn site" and these seems to work ok.

Yep, does seem to be pretty much there.

>  >  * Make sure the checkstyle/pmd/findbugs aren't full of problems.
>  checkstyle is currently not enabled. but i can do this later.

I just enabled checkstyle + findbugs for maven1. I tend to use them
there as I get OOMs in maven2.

>  since i don't know the very details of the code yet, maybe you or
>  another CLI team members can point me out which of the issues are
>  show-stoppers for a 2.0 release, and i will try to contribute patches.

It's an odd situation where no one knows the details of the code very
well. Anything that has been recognized as not a blocker for a 2.0
release is in 2.1, entirely likely other 2.0 issues could be moved to
2.1 too.

Hen