commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Release of Collections for OSGi?
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:25:58 GMT
On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
> Niall Pemberton wrote:
>  > On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >> On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 4:17 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org>
wrote:
>  >>  > Hi,
>  >>  >
>  >>  >  we need in Sling a released jar of commons collections with the meta
>  >>  >  info for OSGi. We currently have two options :)
>  >>  >
>  >>  >  a) We release a wrapper from the Felix project which just rebundles
the
>  >>  >  latest collections release and adds the meta info.
>  >>  >  b) A new version of collections with the info is released :)
>  >>  >
>  >>  >  So, I'm just curious if there are any plans for a new collections
>  >>  >  release? (We all would favour solution b))
>  >>
>  >>  No plans that I know of - but there's enough in there that a 3.3
>  >>  bugfix release would be a good idea and we could bump most of the open
>  >>  tickets up to 3.4. Anyone want to help out?
>  >
>  > Sounds like a good plan to me, I can help. I've just set up a 3.4
>  > version in JIRA for any tickets to bump.
>  >
>  That would be awesome if we could get a 3.3 release soon :)
>  If there is anything I can help getting it out, let me know.

I've sorted the various bugs etc, so what's in 3.3 currently needs looking at:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310465&fixfor=12311987

I imagine we'll WONTFIX a few, and move some to 3.4 if they don't look
complete.

Anyone who wants to, dive in :)

Also worth running pmd, findbugs, checkstyle etc - looks like there's
a fair bit to look at and either fix or be happy about. Maven2 build
needs to come up to speed; decide if we want to use that for the
release or not. Need to test it on JDK 1.2, see if it's still happy
there.

Hen