commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Lang 2.4 (RC2)
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2008 06:10:36 GMT
Compiling against 1.2, we have only one inconsistency. The enums
package uses WeakHashMap's Map constructor. That wasn't added until
1.3. Not that I could get my JDK 1.2.2 install and the Ant 1.5.4
install to work happily together [or Ant 1.7.0]; however using javac
by hand showed that the above is the only problem.

I'm going to change that code to use the empty constructor and then
use putAll(Map).

I can't download 1.1 currently, Sun's site is down.  However,
WeakHashMap wasn't available until 1.2 and I don't see us changing
that. So despite the target JDK of 1.1, we are 1.2 dependent in
reality.

Hen