commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] 2.4 release?
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 06:25:11 GMT
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 5:30 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > All the issues for 2.4 are done; seems like it's release time?
>
>  There are a few Findbugs errors that look easy to fix, e.g
>
>  Computation of average could overflow in
>  commons-lang-rw/src/java/org/apache/commons/lang        Entities.java   line
>  683
>
>  - just replace >> 1 with >>> 1

Fixed.

>  Exception is caught when Exception is not thrown in
>  commons-lang-rw/src/java/org/apache/commons/lang/exception      ExceptionUtils.java
    line
>  97

I guess the question here is whether it was intended to catch
SecurityException or not. Not sure. Tempted to leave til next version
rather than making a late change.

>  Exception is caught when Exception is not thrown in
>  commons-lang-rw/src/java/org/apache/commons/lang/text   NumberMetaFormat.java   line
>  54

Class no longer exists.

>  Class org.apache.commons.lang.text.StrBuilder implements Cloneable but
>  does not define or use clone method

Known problem - we're not implementing clone there. Instead when we
can break backwards compat we'll remove the interface.

>  >  Sounds like that means doing:
>  >
>  >  * Edit pom.xml and project.xml to be 2.4
>  >  * Tag as rc1
>  >  * Switch to JDK 1.4
>  >  * Run mvn -Prc clean package
>
>  The build is currently targeted at Java 1.1, so really needs to be
>  tested using Java 1.3 or earlier.

Add an 'ant test' in there under JDK 1.3 to the process.

>  Also, are the Ant and M1 build files up-to-date?

Should be. Things don't really change.

>  DOAP file needs updating; it does not include 2.3.

Fixed.

>  Might be good to collect the DOAPs in a common shared area; they are
>  not really needed in tags and branches.

Seems good - but a separate issue from this release.

Thanks for finding all those.

Hen