commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] GSoC
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 03:47:59 GMT
I'd been struggling - Codec has some phonetic codecs to implement, but
there's not a huge amout there. CSV could be hooked to Performance.
There are lots of places that could use improved unit tests.

Generally though - it always feels that we lack something big enough.
Which makes sense; we're a very componentized project.

So... how about having a pool of tasks that they then work on? Across
components? That would be a lot more realistic. In many ways a Commons
Intern. I think we could do one this year, put together a chunk of
tasks and get them digging into them. Then I could see us doing a
couple each year.

I'm happy to volunteer as a mentor if that cross-component approach
sounds good. Maybe we could do two this year.

Hen