commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Net 1.5
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 17:17:45 GMT
On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 8:04 AM, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> On 3/2/08, Rory Winston <rory.winston@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Hi
>  >
>  >  This is a release vote for Commons Net 1.5. This release fixes a few
>  >  issues with TFTP errors, threading hangs, and a leap year date parsing bug.
>  >
>  >  The RC deployment is here:
>  >  http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-net-1.5.0/site/
>  >
>  >  Binaries:
>  >
>  >  http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-net-1.5.0/commons-net-1.5.0-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
>  >
>  >  Source:
>  >
>  >  http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-net-1.5.0/commons-net-1.5.0-SNAPSHOT-src.tar.gz
>  >
>  >  Javadocs:
>  >
>  >  http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-net-1.5.0/site/apidocs/index.html
>  >
>  >  SVN tag:
>  >
>  >  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/net/tags/NET_1_5_0/
>  >
>  >  Here's my +1 in advance.
>  >  Cheers
>  >  Rory
>  >

>  I just wanted to post my official -1 vote.  I feel that the
>  org.apache.commons.net.tftp.TFTPServer class is outside the scope of
>  Commons Net.  I have no problem with it being in the test classes, as
>  suggested, though.

Not a problem for me. +1 to including the server class.

It's not big codewise, and is not that far from Net's scope or Commons scope.

Two proviso's:

1) The main method in TFTPServer should be removed.
2) If we get lots of embedded server components, then we should
rethink this, but I can see that the 'simple embedded server space' is
pretty small. Might want to use a different package to allow it to
more easily be split out.   org.apache.commons.net.server.* or
something. Then people can send in their dumb EchoServer
implementations :)

Hen