commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <>
Subject Re: [site] Dependency pages
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 02:07:26 GMT
On 19/03/2008, James Carman <> wrote:
> On 3/18/08, sebb <> wrote:
>  >  Not sure I see the point of the group-id on the M2 format, and the
>  >  classifier should definitely be dropped.
>  >
> The groupId/artifactId/version/classifier are all necessary for
>  determining exactly which jar you're talking about.  I don't think any
>  of those should be dropped.

I've yet to see anything other than "-" as a Classifier - what purpose
does it serve?

As I can tell, the group id is not relevant to non-Maven users, and
people who do use Maven don't need it because Maven takes care of it.

If the additional columns are to mean anything useful to the user,
then there should be a link to a description of the column headings.

Also, for anyone who is not using Maven, the M1 listing is much easier
to use, because it gives a link to the project web-site.