commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] 2.4 release?
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:30:19 GMT
> All the issues for 2.4 are done; seems like it's release time?

There are a few Findbugs errors that look easy to fix, e.g

Computation of average could overflow in
commons-lang-rw/src/java/org/apache/commons/lang	Entities.java	line
683

- just replace >> 1 with >>> 1

Exception is caught when Exception is not thrown in
commons-lang-rw/src/java/org/apache/commons/lang/exception	ExceptionUtils.java	line
97
Exception is caught when Exception is not thrown in
commons-lang-rw/src/java/org/apache/commons/lang/text	NumberMetaFormat.java	line
54

Class org.apache.commons.lang.text.StrBuilder implements Cloneable but
does not define or use clone method

>  Sounds like that means doing:
>
>  * Edit pom.xml and project.xml to be 2.4
>  * Tag as rc1
>  * Switch to JDK 1.4
>  * Run mvn -Prc clean package

The build is currently targeted at Java 1.1, so really needs to be
tested using Java 1.3 or earlier.

Also, are the Ant and M1 build files up-to-date?

DOAP file needs updating; it does not include 2.3.
Might be good to collect the DOAPs in a common shared area; they are
not really needed in tags and branches.