commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject [all] Junit 3.8.2 jar is not Java 1.3 compatible
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 12:48:48 GMT
I've just discovered that JUnit 3.8.2 contains a 1.4+ method call:

     Boolean.valueOf(boolean)

This is used by the methods:

   assertEquals([String message,] boolean expected, boolean actual)

So any builds that are intended for 1.3 should ensure that they are
using 3.8.1, rather than 3.8.2 (which should be used for 1.4 builds)

I've not been able to find any documentation on which Java versions
are supposed to be supported by which JUnit releases, so I don't know
if 3.8.2 was supposed to support Java 1.3.

Until now, I thought 3.8.1 and 3.8.2 were both OK for 1.3+, so
apologies to anyone I've inadvertently misled.