commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Net 2.0
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 03:45:52 GMT
On 04/03/2008, Jeffrey Brekke <ekkerbj@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting test failures, are they known issues?
>
>  Tests in error:
>
>   testInitial(org.apache.commons.net.telnet.TelnetClientTest)
>
>   testOptionNegotiation(org.apache.commons.net.telnet.TelnetClientTest)
>
>   testOptionRenegotiation(org.apache.commons.net.telnet.TelnetClientTest)
>
>   testNotification(org.apache.commons.net.telnet.TelnetClientTest)
>
>   testDeleteOptionHandler(org.apache.commons.net.telnet.TelnetClientTest)
>
>   testAYT(org.apache.commons.net.telnet.TelnetClientTest)
>
>   testSpy(org.apache.commons.net.telnet.TelnetClientTest)
>
>   testSetReaderThread(org.apache.commons.net.telnet.TelnetClientTest)
>

>  Tests run: 110, Failures: 0, Errors: 8, Skipped: 0

Tests OK for me on WinXP
Java  1.5.0_14 & 1.6.0_04

However, there is some debug output to the console that could be dropped:

Starting TFTP Server on port 6900.  Read directory:
C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp Write directory:
C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp Server Mode is 2

There are also a lot of raw types in the source, e.g. List instead of
List<String>; I think these ought to be fixed.

The Eclipse IDE also complains about missing @Override markers.
Ideally these should be fixed, but could be deferred to a later
release.