commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Commons Wiki] Update of "MathWishList" by PhilSteitz
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 23:08:27 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by PhilSteitz:
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/MathWishList

The comment on the change is:
Deleted some wishes which have come true.

     * I don't understand; we already have some storage-less statistics.  What am I missing
from the post you refer to? -- AlChou
     * Oh, I remember now that with the standard deviation algorithm I researched, in order
to maintain a '''rolling window''', it would have to store all the data in the window so it
could delete the least recent one while adding the most recent one.  Sorry for the denseness.
-- AlChou
   * Numerical Enhancements
-      * Fast Fourier Transform - Code needs review and commit (BZ #36404)
       * [http://zxg32.blogchina.com/2787280.html Post-SOC TODO List] - Xiaogang Zhang
-  * ANOVA in stat.inference package.
   * Multiple regression [http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-dev/200401.mbox/%3c20040128222224.17393.qmail@web41704.mail.yahoo.com%3e]

-  * QR decomposition (used for multiple regression)
   * Replace some of the discrete pmf and pdf methods with methods based on Catherine Loader's
alogorithms [http://www.herine.net/stat/papers/dbinom.pdf].  These algorithms address some
of the problems we experienced with large parameter values and have been adopted by many software
packages including R.
-  * Implement the Levenberg-Marquardt method [http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Levenberg-MarquardtMethod.html]
-- CarlManaster
   * Implement monte carlo simulation [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Carlo_method]
   * [wiki:PrimeNumbers Prime Numbers Functionality] -- SharonLourduraj
        * Naive Primality Testing