commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: commons-vfs current status?
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:13:31 GMT
> Hi!
>
> > I've been using the project for the last 6 months or so and haven't seen
>  > very many commits or activity on JIRA. Is there intention for on going
>  > support?
>  >

> As long as no code work needs to be done I think support is still there.
>
>  Unhappily VFS lacks of developers and my time is limited too. Still, I
>  don't want to say VFS is dead. I still have hope that we manage to spend
>  more time again or finally other developers jump up too.

I posted a patch a while back that fixed a problem we were having with
symbolic links within the FTP file system.  I also got the m2 build
working.  I don't mind helping out a bit and committing this stuff
myself.  I just didn't want to step on anyone else's toes, since I've
never done any VFS development before.  If you don't mind, I'll go
ahead and commit my stuff.  I guess it could always be backed out if
deemed unworthy. :)