commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Changes to commons-parent pom.xml...
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:52:36 GMT
Okay, here's what I've done to proxy's pom.xml file.  I've added my
own "rc" profile which basically does the same thing as the parent's
profile (I copied it).  Only, it defines a different site deployment
url.  The url is calculated based on a couple of properties.  The
first is ${releaseManager} which is supposed to be the user id of the
person doing the release.  The second is ${rcNumber} which corresponds
to the release candidate number.  Based on that, the site will go in
(on people.apache.org):

/home/${releaseManager}/public_html/${artifactId}-${version}-rc${rcNumber}/site

or, in proxy's case for release candidate 4:

/home/jcarman/public_html/commons-proxy-1.0-rc4/site

So, to deploy the site, you do:

mvn -Prc site site:deploy -DrcNumber=4