commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Proxy 1.0 (from rc2)
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 04:48:23 GMT
On 2/19/08, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 20, 2008 4:32 AM, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there something in the pom that shouldn't be there?  I don't think
> > > there's anything too crazy in the pom that should cause it to be
> > > generating weird artifacts.  Is it something in the parent pom?
>
> No nothing weird - just pointing out that you can get some additional
> stuff that is nice-to-have that was missing from your rc

Ahhhh, I see.  So, should I re-cut the rc2 using the correct
parameters?  Or, should I generate an rc3?  If I'm not changing
anything and I'm really just running a different command, it would
seem weird to have to create a whole new tag/version.

> > Are we supposed to be using the "rc" (I take it that means release
> > candidate) profile when building?
>
> Yes - if you do it generates the javadoc and sources jars for you -
> which are nice-to-have.
>
> >  That wasn't in the instructions.
> > The distros that I built were done using mvn assembly:assembly and
> > site without the profile activated.
>
> The "bin" assembly descriptor includes the apidocs folder, but you
> need the site generated first - so specifying "site" goal before
> "assembly:assembly" achieves that.
>
>   Then, I hand-signed the artifacts
> > and generated the md5 checksums.  I guess I could have used the maven
> > plugin, huh?  :)

I am getting a NullPointerException on the gpg:sign goal.  I can run
the gpg command by itself and sign stuff.  I just can't get it working
using the maven plugin.